Tuesday, June 15, 2010

At a Starbucks near you...

So I make a trip to my local Starbucks this afternoon for a little pick me up. While getting my Double Tall Non Fat No whip Mocha I notice something interesting. Roughly 80% of the people sitting there were discussing a business plan of some sort. One with a Flip camera, another shuffling through a briefcase to get papers out, and somehow the small coffee shop feel that Starbucks founded itself on has become just another corporate meeeting room. Jazz, good friends talking over coffee seem to be an evening activity now, as from nine to five we're open for "business". I know and would be fooling myself if in this economy I was demanding that Starbucks limits its clientele. Just an interesting observation for today. So if you are looking for atmosphere- look local. If you are looking for business go to the chain store.

I'll keep observing for your reading.

T

1 comment:

WendyDarling said...

Yesterday we had a lady in the "teacher's lounge" making latte's, etc. for all of the VBS workers.

She works at Starbucks and brought her personal machine and 2 kinds of Starbucks coffee. She even had iced coffee. I tried it, but didn't like it.

It was nice of her to do it though, and many of the workers were very grateful for it. :-)